Nothing in this policy contradicts the following statements:
- We only collect the information you voluntarily provide that is needed to fill your orders.
- We don’t sell your personal info to advertisers or other third parties.
- We share your personal info only when legally required, or when reasonably necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
- We retain your personal info, excluding info you make public, for no more than 30 days after you request deletion.
- We have never received any legal or government demands for user information.
As used in this policy, “Personal Info” is data that can identify a particular person or device. Aggregate data isn’t considered Personal Info.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. This info is used only as you’d expect and deleted from our records within 30 days of any request to do so. To request that your information be deleted from our system, please use our contact form to submit a request.
Who on our team has access to your information?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We use Heartland to process payments and we require that you provide your email for a receipt. Your payment information and email are subject to their respective privacy https://www.heartland.us/privacy-policy policies.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.”
We never sell your email address or any other Personal Info you volunteer
We don’t receive payment in cash or in-kind from third parties in exchange for your Personal Info. Further, we don’t allow third parties to collect info about you on our site through cookies or other means.
We share your Personal Info only in specific circumstances
There are a few, rare circumstances when we may have to share your Personal Information either to obey the law or protect our rights. We’ll share your Personal Info only to comply with laws or legally enforceable requests, to enforce our own rights and contracts with users or third parties, or to prevent harm to others and their property in an emergency situation.
In all instances, we’ll share the minimum info necessary to meet the immediate need and inform you of our disclosure when legally and practically possible.
As explained above, we will comply with a request for user data when the law requires it, but we require a valid legal process to compel the disclosure of user data to the government, such as a legitimate and properly scoped court order, or a search warrant supported by probable cause and issued by an appropriate law enforcement authority. We interpret requests narrowly, and we will oppose unlawful or overbroad requests for specific user data.
Recipients of National Security Requests can only publish reporting bands instead of specific figures. If we receive such a request, we may challenge these reporting bands, in addition to opposing any unlawful or overbroad requests.
Changes to this policy
We may make small, inconsequential changes to this policy with or without notice to you, so you’re encouraged to review the policy from time to time. Substantive changes to this policy will be sent to users who submit a request via our Contact Link (https://www.gianellisausage.com/contact/).
You can contact us by selecting the Contact Link on our website (https://www.gianellisausage.com/contact/) should you have any questions about this policy.